Sunday, December 2, 2012

Reviewing For You: Wilton Easy Lift Cake Lifter



Product: Wilton Easy Lift Cake Lifter

Claim to Fame: Need to tort a cake, or want to shove some amazing homemade caramel between two layers of divine cake?  This will help you out.  For years whenever I wanted to cut a cake to layer it in half to spread some amazing icing between it, it was a balancing act of spatulas, prayers, and a small amount of sweat and tears.  Anyone who has ever baked before understands my paid.  It's tricky trying to divide a cake without breaking it.

This cake lifter from Wilton, then, claims to make cake torting a simple, painless experience.  Just cut the cake, insert this between the two layers, and lift away.  It will lift cakes up to 14", and because it is made of metal, Wilton claims it won't buckle under the weight of even your densest cake.

Price $ ($0 - $10): The price at most places is $9.99.  Again, I used my 40% off coupon at Joann's and managed to snag this potentially life-saving device for $5.99.  That's a great price, in my opinion.

Testing It Out: If there was ever a product that was designed for me in the baking industry, this is that product.  I hate cutting and lifting cakes, and usually use an assortment or two wide spatulas wedged in between the layers.  It's a small nightmare.

I had to ice a cake for a decorating class, and decided to try this bad boy out.  Let me just tell you, this is a God send.  I sliced my frozen cake in half, seamlessly slid this between the cake letters, and boom, the cake lifted right up!  No buckling halfway in transition, no cracked cakes, a seamless transition to a plate.  I couldn't believe how easy it was.  I wanted to keep slicing my cake up just so I could try this out again and again and again.

The Results: A perfectly torted cake.  A seamless transition from cake plate to holding cake and back again.  The results were professional.

Final Verdict: This was worth every penny it will save me in headaches, re-cuts, and broken cakes.  If you bake cakes a lot, this is a must-have in your pantry.  It will make your baking experience so much easier.  If you're a casual baker, it's something you could definitely consider adding to your kitchen.  With a price of $9.99, it's an added gift that won't bust the budget.

Rating: ***** out of *****
A perfect score for a perfect product.  I could rave about this product all day.  Instead, I'll simply say, go try it yourself.  You won't be disappointed. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment